Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Scarface School Play - Harmful to the Kids?

I know I should be offended and say horrible things about this but I just can't because it's too funny.

A director out of Los Angeles (of course) directed this little two minute reinactment of Scarface with little kids. Now he posted this to YouTube.com under the guise of a mother of one of the actors. The scene opens with little Tony Montana sitting at a table piled high with popcorn. For those who have never seen the movie (which is brilliant), the popcorn represents a pile of cocaine. They insert the word "fudge" for the f-word and "son of b" for son of a bitch (oooh, mom, I said bitch).

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovMpapeCJQ

I say this is a brilliant marketing move by this director. Posted yesterday, there are already a quarter of a million hits and radio show around the country talking about it. And people think it's a real school play. That is the hilarious part of all of this.

It sort of reminds me of the movie Bugsy Malone in the 70's with Scott Baio and Jodie Foster. This movie was a takeoff of gangster movies and kids shot each other with marshmellow guns and whipped cream. Look at Jodie Foster's career, she was only 13 when she filmed Taxi Driver and played a prostitute.

What do you all think? Is it bad to put these young kids in these situations? Are these kids scared for life? (no pun intended) when I don't think they even understand what they are saying.

Tales from the Tapletts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog and taking an interest.