Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol - Seriously? Seriously?

It's official. I'm old. I sat down to watch American Idol tonight because I am rooting for one of the best throwback singers I've ever heard, Crystal Bowersox. But watching Miley Cyrus, Joe Jonas and the chick who sang with him, I remarked...these guys can't sing. That's when I realized, I'm old.

What happened to this show? Idol used to showcase real talent, not these teeny-bopper goobs they've been highlighting. Miley Cyrus as a judge? Seriously? The girl has some talent coming from her father who's biggest claim to fame was Achey-Breaky Heart. Beyond that, not much in the way of a good voice. I guess it pays to be Hannah Montana with a built-in kiddie audience.

Joe Jonas and this girl I've never heard of before sang the most obnoxious song and you could actually hear his voice breaking up. Go back with your brothers, Joe. Back to your brothers.

It's just sad that I've gotten so incredibly old, so quickly. I do hope that Crystal keeps up the incredible performances. Her rendition of Bobby McGee brought tears to my eyes. It was absolutely fantastic.

Let me know what you think. And not about me being old, please, but about the talent showcased on the show.

Tales from the Tapletts

1 comment:

  1. What? Bobby McGee was a tired old boring song by 1975. How can one not think "the climb" is the most inspirational song, like, in ever? And the duet with dad "ready, set, go" brings tears to your eyes everytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog and taking an interest.