Friday, February 26, 2010

Spartacus: Blood and Sand


So we are about six episodes into the Starz series, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I have to say, we love it. However, a warning. It is not for the faint of heart. There is everything my husband loves; blood, gore, nudity, sex, violence, political manuvering, etc. It is a mix of 300 styling with a little Sin City, Ultimate Fighting, Rome and Gladiator thrown in.


As I said, it is not for the faint of heart; there is vivid blood spatter, full-frontal male and female nudity, graphic sex scenes (male and female and male and male), dismemberment and obscene language. I even closed my eyes a couple of times because it was too much for me.


Underlying all the graphic debauchery is an incredible love story of a man and his wife who were brutally attacked and taken into slavery by the Romans. Spartacus must fight as a gladiator under promise of seeing his wife again. I won't spoil anything but the bad guy, played by John Hannah, is a really bad guy and things don't go as planned for Spartacus.

We are addicted now after watching the first five via OnDemand. We definitely have to see how the rest of the series plays out.

Tales from the Tapletts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog and taking an interest.